Welcome to the PlayLab! To orient yourself to the lab please complete the following tasks:
- Create a profile for yourself (specifics at our meeting)
- View the video & read the articles below
- Set-up a meeting schedule
Please read the following material to orient yourself to our views of research, play/performance & context of the Lab’s focus. You will also be oriented to my (Saliha) own location & positionality. As you read, I invite you to reflect on your own location and knowledge (received & lived experiences) and be curious & critical. Raise questions & bring them to our meetings/discussions. The PlayLab is, after all, a learning space; a way of being in the world!
What is Relational Play?
Watch this 11:29 min video where Saliha talks about the relational play (the focus of her current scholarship):
* Asterisked Articles are a must read to get you situated for our work together.
Orienting to PlayLab’s Views & Practices of Research:
- Performance Methodology
- Research as Future Forming*
- Collaborative Approach to Research
- Research as Learning by Engaging Emergence*
- What is dialogical research?
Orienting to the PlayLab’s (Dr. Bava’s) Views of Performance & Play:
The following articles illustrate the application of performance, “play-oriented” perspective & collaborative practices, which are foundational to our lab work. As you will notice, it has been applied across contexts (read based on your interest & the project’s relevancy)
- leadership in disaster response
- couples therapy
- clinical supervision
- research methodology (same as #1 above)
- research supervision
Locating Dr. Bava & Her Scholarly Activism:-)